Reporting Maintenance/General Repairs
You can now lodge your maintenance requests via Console Tenant Portal
In order to streamline maintenance items and keep everyone fully informed, our office utilises a program called Console. It is a requirement for our office that all maintenance items are logged via Console Tenant Portal, in order to expedite your maintenance needs.
How to Lodge a Maintenance Request
To lodge a maintenance request, log in to your Console Tenant Portal. You will have received a link for this when you signed your original lease agreement. If you have not yet signed up to Console Tenant Portal, please contact your property manager.
When an issue is identified:
Please create a NEW maintenance request for any new issues found during your tenancy
Under Maintenance, all past and present maintenance requests are viewable.
A status update displays above the name of existing requests i.e. new, work in progress, quotes requested, work cancelled and done.
- Click + to add a new maintenance request.
- Select whether the request is of type 'emergency repairs' or type 'general repairs'.
- NOTE: Should you have an emergency maintenance issue after hours, please see our emergency maintenance page.
- If reporting items that require urgent attention, please set your reporting severity as Emergency repairs and follow up with a phone call to your property manager or our reception right away.
- Select the category of the request (e.g. electrical)
- Select the problem
- NOTE: the set of problems available to select fron are dependent on the category of the request
- Select the location of the problem
- Answer any questions that appear - the triage process will take the tenant through a set of questions that need answering. Further questions can appear depending on the tenant's answer to a previous question.
- Add any additional details about the problem (if applicable).
- Add any photos (if applicable).
- Decide whether to provide authority to use agency keys to enable the required tradesperson to access the property to undertake repairs.
- Submit the request.
If you are reporting on maintenance, please check the rest of your home to ensure you are reporting maintenance collectively. As an example if reporting plumbing issues please check around the house if there are other plumbing issues ~ the owner can then determine whether all items need addressing.
All completed maintenance will be finalised and closed.
Owners may reject requests that they deem unnecessary / very minor / or just simply ‘cosmetic repairs’
Owners are not responsible for accidental damage by tenants; such requests will be rejected and allocated for tenants to fix.
Using the application effectively
- Please create a NEW maintenance request for any new issues found
Do not use or add new notes on old jobs that have been closed and finalised.
This app is for maintenance purposes only. Please do not use Console Maintenance for general daily communications including replying to an email that has been received by the Console Maintenance portal as this correspondence may not be received by your Property Manager
Urgent Action Items/Urgent Maintenance
Should you have an emergency maintenance issue after hours, please see our emergency maintenance page.
If reporting items that require urgent attention, please set your reporting severity as Emergency repairs and follow up with a phone call to your property manager or our reception right away.
Trouble Shooting Tips From a Plumber
How will I know the status of my request?
Maintenance requests will be acknowledged by your Property Manager as soon as practicable of receipt. The Property Manager will then take the appropriate action with the lessors’ instructions for the repair request.
Once you have submitted a maintenance issue using the Tenant Portal, the request will show in the maintenance section of the Console Tenant Portal.
If the request progresses, you will also receive emails to advise what is happening, when trade suppliers have been assigned, which trades person will be attending to the job and the scheduled date for the work etc.
You can also check the status of the job at any time either on the tenant portal and view past requests.
Job completion and verification
Once the maintenance issue has been attended to, you may receive an email to advise you that the trade supplier has informed us that the job is complete.
If you receive a verification request, please respond and let us know if there are any issues with the work that has been done.
You can confirm completion tenant portal or via the email link.
Where possible, please attach a photo of the finished job for the property manager & landlord. You can also add a note to the property manager if required.
Should you have any further questions, please contact your property manager directly on 08 9528 8900.