WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IN AN EMERGENCY?
Sometimes you may be faced with an emergency situation. An emergency is defined as a situation that may harm someone and / or cause further damage to the property if left unattended.
Please note that our office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm and we are contactable on (08) 9528 8900.
Should an emergency occur outside these hours, all tenants must attend to their own emergency maintenance, over all weekends, unless extreme circumstances require you to contact our emergency mobile phone.
If the maintenance is found to have NOT been AN EMERGENCY MATTER and you have arranged a contractor to attend for maintenance which could have waited until standard work day, to speak to us, then YOU WILL BE SENT THE ACCOUNT for the afterhours call-out payment.
We recommend that all tenants arrange and maintain their own contents insurance policy as the Owners building insurance does not cover tenant's belongings.
UNDER THE RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES ACT THESE ITEMS ARE CONSIDERED AN EMERGENCY
- A burst water service
- A sewerage blockage
- A serious roof leak
- A broken sewerage fitting
- A gas leak
- An electrical fault likely to endanger human life and /or cause damage to property
- A fault in the lift
- Substantial damage caused by flooding, storm or fire
- A broken refrigerator or washing machine if included in the tenancy
THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS ARE NOT CONSIDERED AN EMERGENCY AND MUST BE REPORTED TO THE AGENCY DURING BUSINESS HOURS IN WRITING VIA MAINTENANCE MANAGER.
- Stove / oven is not working
- Air conditioning / Heating
- Pest control
- Reticulation problems
- General repairs and maintenance
- Leaking taps
NOTE: Pest control such as ants, mice, rats, cockroaches, flies, silverfish, earwigs etc may be the responsibility of the tenants and the owner is not obliged to pay for treatment. We recommend that you purchase treatments from supermarket to treat vermin.
NOTE: There is a maximum of $350.00 allowed for any weekend emergency callout fee and again if this limit is breached then you may be sent the outstanding account if the owner does not agree to payment. This limit will allow for the majority of work that may be required to make the maintenance item useable or safe for you.
TROUBLE SHOOTING TIPS FROM A PLUMBER:
HOT WATER SYSTEM NOT WORKING
A) If it is a gas hot water system, check that the pilot light is on; should it be out, you're required to follow the instructions to light again.
B) Ensure that all taps are on leading to the hot water system
C) If hot water system still not working report to the Property Manager via emergency contact details.
BURST WATER PIPE
1. Turn off the water at the mains immediately
2. Contact the plumber ONTAP Plumbing & Gas on 1800 882 249 or
LADS Plumbing & Gas on 0412 441 930
3. If you have a blocked or overflowing toilet and there are two toilets available and one toilet is still serviceable, the repair will have to wait until the next standard working day.
BREAK IN AND DAMAGE TO GLASS
1. Contact your local police station and report that incident immediately
2. The police will provide you with a Police Report Number. You must advise our Property Management Department of this report number the next available business day. Failure to obtain a Police Report Number and supply it to our Agency may result in the cost of the repairs being invoiced to you.
3. Should glass be damaged from a break in, please contact Greg's Glass (08) 9527 8195
4. When advising your Property Manager of the Police Report Number and the action taken, please advise if there is any other damage to the property other than the glass.
5. You may instruct the glazier to forward the invoice directly to LJ Hooker Rockingham. If the glass breakage is a result of an act attributable to you, the payment of the invoice must be made by yourself.
6. Advise LJ Hooker Rockingham the following working day of events and actions taken.
SEVERE DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY (Including storm, vehicle impact, fire)
1. If injury to a person or there is a fire, call 000
2. Call State Emergency Services (SES) on 1300 130 039
3. If there is any electrical damage, turn power off at mains and call an electrician
4. If there is any burst water pipes, turn water off at mains and call a plumber
5. If there is structural damage to the house, or electrical problems do not stay in the house
6. Advise LJ Hooker Rockingham the next available working day. The Property Manager will contact the building insurer to assess the damage.
1. Contact a plumber, we recommend:
Alinta Gas on 131 352 or
ONTAP Plumbing & Gas on 1800 882 249 or
LADS Plumbing & Gas on 0412 441 930
2. Advise LJ Hooker Rockingham the following working day of events and actions taken.
1. No power. Tenant is reminded to check that one of their appliances has not caused the power outage prior to arranging an electrician to attend or the call out fee will be charged to the tenant. or refer to the following site to confirm whether it is an outage in the area;
2. If one
power point is not working then you are required to run an extension cord to another point until the next available business day.
3. Electrical emergencies, please contact
Coastal Electrics on 0408 940 525; or
Power 2 You WA on 0450 247 611
LOST KEYS OR LOCKED KEYS INSIDE PROPERTY
AIR CON NOT WORKING OR LEAKING WATER
- You will need to arrange for a locksmith to attend to allow you access to your property, as this will be your directly related expense.
- You may contact our office during business hours to arrange collection of the office set of keys.
REMOTE GARAGE DOOR WILL NOT OPEN
- Please ensure you turn your air conditioning off at the main power point if it is faulting.
- If the unit is leaking water, ensure the exterior water tap is turned off (usually the tap is located on a wall near the exterior unit.
- Contact your Property Manager at LJ Hooker Rockingham the next available working day to advise.
In an Extreme Emergency where you are unable to rectify the problem yourself, our mobile phone number for Property Management is 0428 113 238 and will be taken home by one of our Property Managers, however we ask that you leave a message and we will return your call at an appropriate hour if your message is found to be an emergency, otherwise your call will be returned on the next available standard working day.
- Check the batteries and replace if necessary
- Reset the motor by switching the main power point off and back on in 10 or so minutes.
- Try opening the door manually with the pull cord if door is shut and needed to be opened. The pull cord needs to be in the manual operation before this can be opened.
- Contact the manufacturer / installer for advice. Their details are usually listed on the motor.